It seems to have originated in Germany in 2010, hence the name. ("Liebster" means "darling").
So thank you Allie!
First, 11 facts about me...
1. I'm a Biology graduate and I especially love marine / aquatic animals.
2. I have a Masters in the Evolution of Language and Cognition (which is hard to fit on forms).
3. I work in an office 10 minutes' walk from Buckingham Palace (but I have never seen the Queen).
4. The first car I bought myself was a 1971 Mini Clubman, barely roadworthy, bright red.
5. I love Asian horror films, from Ring to Ichi the Killer to Oldboy.
6. My dad is a software/telecoms engineer, so I was a very early adopter of all things internet.
7. I like taking things apart to see how they work.
8. I play guitar, so in my NOTDs the nails on my left hand are short, and the right hand long.
9. I'm basically lefty-liberal, but sometimes wonder if it's just an artefact of my upbringing.
10. I am happiest when I'm driving. I've considered training as a lorry, taxi or bus driver.
11. I love games, and have worked in the games industry. I think it's an underrated art form.
Allie's 11 questions...
1. Is there a certain makeup item that makes you feel instantly more confident?
Doing my brows makes the biggest difference to my face. But I'm pretty happy barefaced.
2. What is your favourite book?
Such a hard question. Maybe Lolita. Nabokov rules prose.
3. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
About 20. Makeup is where my inner hoarder really shows.
4. What fashion trend do you absolutely hate?
The exposed zip. Let it die, let it die.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
6. Tattoos or piercings?
Just my ears. No tattoos, but maybe one day I'll get an octopus inked somewhere discrete. (Get it, octopus ink?)
7. What beauty item can you not live without?
8. Sushi- yay or nay?
Bring on the maki!
9. What product or trend do you think is overhyped in the blogging world?
I admit to thinking BB creams were a bit of an Emperor's New Clothes product category. It's foundation!
10. What inspired you to start your blog?
My first beauty blog... it was 2008. I was reading Kiss and Makeup and thought "I could do that!"
11. What is your favourite high end make up brand?
I still have a soft spot for Urban Decay, despite their relentless obsession with nudity.
My 11 nominations...
And my 11 questions...
1. What was your first ever beauty product?
2. What discontinued beauty product do you miss most?
3. What's your favourite food?
4. What's your creative talent?
5. Do you have any bad habits?
6. What languages do you speak?
7. What is your morning routine?
8. Introvert or extrovert?
9. Favourite item of clothing?
10. Are you a morning or a night person?
11. What is the best advice you've ever received?