The packaging is pretty plasticky too, but it does have a satisfying clicky motion when you twist it up that I quite like. Couture is a true red that can be worn as an attention-grabbing scarlet lip, or dabbed on for a bit of a tint. This costs £8.99, which is not bad at all.
On my eyes is Stila Smudge pot in Gray. This is a potted gel liner that you apply with a fine brush a la Bobbi Brown, MAC etc. I have had this for about a week and already I'm quite enamoured with it. It applies very smoothly and creates an even, opaque line. The colour is a cool matte grey that just borders on blue, making it supremely flattering on grey-green eyes. It lasts well, having a hybrid polymer-type formula that's waterproof (but not 100% smudge resistant - it's not an unbudgeable MAC Liquidlast, but neither is a water-soluble MAC Fluidline). The formula is also quite forgiving if your line goes wonky, layering smoothly and never skipping or dragging. You get an impressive 4g of product for your £13, and it also doubles as a long-wearing creme shadow. Drying out could be an issue with this, so keep the lid on tight.
Also in this FOTD:
- By Terry Sheer expert in Shade 2
- Illamasqua Skin Base Lift in Light 2*
- Smashbox Wondervision palette (palest shade as a wash over lid)
- KIKO Pearly eye base (love this cheap alternative to UDPP, deserves a separate post)
- KIKO natural concealer in 01 Clear
- Illamasqua Brow cake in Motto
- YSL Babydoll mascara in Black* (which is starting to get cloggy and probably needs to die soon, cry cry)